Thursday, June 16, 2011

Let the Training Begin

Well, week "zero" has come to an end and now it's time to begin intense training.  I still feel like I have been superimposed into a movie set and that I'm not actually in Africa. Tomorrow we leave the capital to go a smaller village where we will be adopted into host families during training for the next three months.  Once we're out of the isolation of the compound, I think reality will finally set in!  With one mere French lesson through, tomorrow evening should be interesting.  I'm writing this post to let you know that this same little village has minimal if no internet, so there will most likely be no posts/emails/Facebook.  If you have time to send me letters I would love you forever and I would write back!  Any news is always good news!  I do have a cell phone, so with time permitting I may be able to dictate to the fam to pass info along.  I hope everyone is enjoying the summer and wish me luck!  Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment